Sunday, May 8, 2011

No time for Beauty.

As Co- Blogger I feel I should have written something already, alas I haven't found the time...be assured that all things come to those who wait.
As I intend to write on all things related to beauty, being a designer myself, I thought for now I would just leave you with on of my favorite quotes. I stumbled upon this whilst reading a book on iconography, (which I intend to write about at a later date), it was written by John of Damascus denying the iconoclasts accusation of the deification of Icons. 

"I do not adore matter, I adore the creator of matter...and through the
 medium of matter did come about my salvation...And thus I adore the
 matter through which my salvation was achieved, and venerate [it] 
and worship [it]"


Andrei Rublev
Archangel Michael. circa 1400 Tretyakov Gallery, Moscow

No comments:

Post a Comment